Sunday 16 March 2014

New Baby Card

This card is for my friend Carol, who has just given birth to her second Son, Dominic.  My February card class has been credited with his unexpected and swift arrival the following day at her home - or more specifically the discussion around not having a bag packed for the hospital already! Carol packed her bag the following morning and Dominic arrived safe and well that afternoon, just with a little less warning than expected!

So - I needed a really fast, cute new baby card!!!! This one was pretty super speedy - and now I have my very own vest template it'll be even faster when I need another one.

For this one I drew a baby vest on scrap paper - in fact I drew the left half and then put that onto a folded piece of card, which I then used as my template to make sure my vest was symmetrical. I used my paper piercing tool and used two brads from the subtles collection as buttons, before dimensionalling it up on a piece of Marina Mist cardstock and a Vanilla card base. I made sure 'hello baby' from the set teeny tiny sentiments was straight by using the stamp-a-ma-jig (affectionately named 'Bruce' by my class ladies) and I used black staz on ink.

I hope you like!

Leigh-Anne x




No comments:

Post a Comment