Sunday 30 March 2014

Sketchy Watercolour

I love all of my Stampin' Up goodies, and I'm always on the look out for bits and pieces to enhance what I can make out of them - so when I came across some Watercolour paper which was made out of recycled cotton rags and had pressed stems and flowers running through them I just had to have it.  You can see one of the petals on the right hand side of the card below. 

How beautiful is the hostess set 'Simply Sketched'? It's a really pretty stamp even when you don't add any colour so you can make some beautiful but fast cards with it - and I thought it was the perfect stamp set to try with my new watercolour paper. 

I stamped in black Staz On using all three of the main stamps from the set.  I then built up the colours - Pink Pirhouette, Blushing Bride and Rose Red for the flowers, and Pistachio Pudding and Always Artichoke for the leaves and stems.  I find I do this MUCH better when I'm not concentrating on it so well and giving it a little time to dry between layers so I took on this task while watching 'Life of Pi'.  I wasn't convinced I wanted to watch it but it's a beautiful movie - well worth a view!


I backed my Watercoloured Simply Sketched onto Rose Red Cardstock, and then in turn onto Pink Pirhouette - which I had run the Very Vintage Wheel over - also in Pink Pirhouette.


I really like the overall effect - I'll be saving this to give to someone special!

Leigh-Anne
x

No comments:

Post a Comment