Saturday 8 March 2014

Stained Glass Delicate Doilies

What a fantastically sunny day to wake up to this morning! Perfect for showing you my stained glass delicate doilies card :)


This card is very simple, but quite time consuming.  It's essentially a colouring in task which is always very relaxing you just need some time to do it. It's also one of those projects that's perfect to carry around in your handbag for when you have a spare minute - once you've done the gold embossing all you need is a blender pen and a couple of colours so it's a great one to do on the move or in front of the TV.

I gold embossed delicate doilies onto velum, before gently colouring it in using blender pens.  I went for a pink and purple colour palette on this one - Rich Razzleberry, Strawberry Slush - and then Crushed Curry for a bit of contrast.


Once I'd got my velum window ready and waiting I used Whisper White cardstock to frame it.  I essentially did a regular size card (A5) and used my guillotine to cut 1.5cms in from the outside all the way around on the front of the card.  I then put my velum cardstock behind and adhered it using sticky strip before placing another piece of card over to make it lovely and neat! The covering piece of card is the same size as the card front and again I used the guillotine 1.5cms from the outside all the way around.  You could adhere this with Tombo but I decided to go with sticky strip all the way for this project - I didn't want any wet glue near my beautiful velum design!

The inside of the card - all neatened up!
I think I will probably write my message on the very back of this card so that it doesn't show through the stained glass effect......

I hope you enjoy! I think ill probably be making a few more of these with some other stamp sets :)

Leigh-Anne x





No comments:

Post a Comment