Tuesday 18 March 2014

Whitewashed Garden

I've shown this technique once before and and I just had to come back to it with the hostess set Simply Sketched and Papillon Potpourri.



It's a simple but slightly time consuming technique, and well worth the effort.

I heat embossed using a Versa Mark inkpad and white embossing powder.  I then coloured in the butterflies and the flowers/leaves using white craft ink and an aqua painter.  Once you have a slightly opaque white background leave it to dry before adding colour, again using an aqua painter.

I used Wisteria Wonder, Rich Razzleberry, Rose Red, Pistachio Pudding and Always Artichoke on this version.  You can't beat a few Basic Pearls to bling it up a little - the sheen of the pearls works really well on this one.

I hope you have a go! Enjoy!

Leigh-Anne

2 comments:

  1. It looks absolutely gorgeous, you are clever! (& your husband is a keeper x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou Josie! I've just had a peek at your absolutely gorgeous blog - you've made me want to get out the sewing machine but it's definitely not my forte! I'm addicted to tea so I love your tea cosies :) xx

    ReplyDelete