Thursday 3 April 2014

Fair Paris!

It's not far off a year since my Husband took me to Paris as a surprise for our First Anniversary! What a beautiful place -  it's the perfect place to spend a special weekend and I'd highly recommend a visit.  As a result I just HAD to have BOTH Eiffel Tower stamps from Stampin' Up - I'm very greedy!! The one I've used here is from a retired set, but the current set Follow my Heart also has a beautiful, slightly smaller version with a heart at the centre.

This is watercolour paper cut to a regular card front size, and then watercoloured  using an Aqua Painter and (from bottom to top) Pink Pirhouette, Blushing Bride, Wisteria Wonder/Elegant Eggplant combination, and Rich Razzleberry. I've used a marker in Early Espresso around the edge to create a border and a little bit of Gorgeous Grunge at the bottom..


The Eiffel Tower is printed in Early Espresso Ink.  I used Bruce (The Stamp-a-ma-Jig) to get it just where I wanted it.  Those of you who have been to Paris will know that once the sun sets, every hour the Eiffel Tower gets lit up with beautiful sparkly lights and I wanted to give just a hint of this(being a Dazzling Diamond I love all things sparkly!) So -  having stamped in Early Espresso I then very speedily covered it in Heat and Stick Powder -  heated -  and added just a sprinkle of Dazzling Diamonds to the right side.  I did try covering the whole thing but it lightened up the colour just a little too much. 


You can't go wrong with gold embossing powder! This uses the end Heart from a stamp in the current set Language of Love

The back was pretty straightforward - a little watercolour and the Postcard Stamp in Rich Razzleberry.  As you can see from these photo's it ended up a little bent from all the watercolouring - I popped it under a heavy book overnight and it came out perfectly flat!

Dazzling I hope! :)

Leigh-Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment